Friday, May 6, 2011

Rubik's cube plus speed equals speedcubing!

I guess everybody knows already what those pictures above called. Yes, it's a Rubik's cube. Rubik's cube was invented by a Hungarian Professor named Erno Rubik. So the name of that cube was derived from his family name. Rubik's cube comes with 6 different colors: with white on base, and yellow on top, green front, right orange, back blue, and red left. These color patterns are standards. Sometimes there's also a Japanese scheme commonly used by Japanese cubers. Rubik's cube comes with different varieties from 2x2x2, 3x3x3, 4x4x4, 5x5x5, 6x6x6, 7x7x7 and the recent 11x11x11.

Speedcubing is a hobby or a sport wherein a person solves the cube as quickly as possible. It is sanctioned by the World Cube Association or WCA as an official Rubik's cube competition. Their website http://worldcubeassociation.org shows info of the competitions, rankings, multimedia and statistics. So, speedcubers always aim to be on top of the list. Most world records were own by an Australian speedcuber Feliks Zemdegs who is 16 years old. To further know about him here's his profile http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feliks_Zemdegs.


I'm also a speedcuber in the Philippines, I started joining competitions since 2008. Now I got awards from my 2x2x2 solves, one handed Rubik's solve and pyraminx solves. To provide some proof here's my WCA account http://www.worldcubeassociation.org/results/p.php?i=2008REMO01. In the future, I'm going to make tutorials and tips. I'll connect some links from my youtube account to this blog. Anyways see ya around!







No comments:

Post a Comment